Monday, December 22, 2008

My website is still down.

This is day 5 of my website being down. Tripod's "FR*E" domain name is NOT FR*E if you every want to leave their web hosting - which I've been trying to do for a very long time. They won't give me the DNS unlock code until I've paid a $12.95 "rental" fee on my domain name - and agree to pay it for the rest of my life.

My site was never set up on "Fr*e" to begin with. I paid them $8.95 for the Pro plan every month for 5 years. One would think that I would own my domain name. However, I do not.

And, of course, their "customer service" is only open Monday through Friday from 8 to 5 - and it takes at least 3 days to get a response from them via email.

So, I've not only got a website that is non-functional STILL, but all of my website email is down, too.

I will say LOUDLY once again, "Do NOT use Tripod/Lycos as your webhost!" Ever.

GoDaddy is ready to give me telephone support - 24 hours per day !! - if Tripod will ever get around to giving me the DNS unlock code so I can move my site.

Tripod/Lycos sucks.

I'm sure this will not be the end to this particular rant. The BS never seems to end when your webhost is Tripod/Lycos.

Beware, be wary!

All of this on top of trying to heal from major spine surgery. Please excuse typos and mis-spellings. I haven't had my meds yet today.

No comments: