Monday, August 25, 2008

To Be Read Stack, Excuses, and ...

My TBR stack is huge. The Price by Alexandra Sokoloff is at the top of the stack. It has received rave reviews from the likes of Ira Levin, author of Rosemary's Baby and The Stepford Wives.

I'm finding it a little slow getting started, but won't give up because PJ Nunn of Breakthrough Promotions has said it's a very good book. I value her opinion.

PJ has also sent me Chili con Corpses by J.B. Stanley. This is the third installment of the Supper Club Mystery series and sounds like a fun read. It's next on the list.

And ... Consequences of Sin, a first novel by Clare Langley-Hawthorne, who has lived in England, Canada, Australia, and now makes her home in the U.S.

AND ... The Olive Horseshoe by Ben F. Small.

I believe strongly that we must do what we can to provide for ourselves. It is this training that keeps me canning and preserving food for my family, and away from reading for the summer. I' m also an avid Freecycler, believing that keeping millions of tons of usable and durable goods out of the landfills is a worthwhile cause.

This summer has been a tough time for me physically. My movement has been hampered by a pinched nerve in my neck. I'm now undergoing physical therapy for the second time this year. You can read about my angst at Living with FM and OA. (Perhaps some of my best writing is done when I'm totally pissed about something.)

I've wanted an online store for a long time. Linda's Gifts and Decor, with thousands of choices for gifts and decorating, is now open for business. The store is a fun place to shop. Special catalogs are available for your group's fundraising efforts. Email me for a complimentary $10 gift card. Fr*e shipping through the end of August!

So now you know what I'm reading and what's keeping me from reading - and what's on my list to be read first. With my right arm going numb, sometimes twice per minute, typing isn't the easiest thing to do.

No comments: